Sunday, June 22, 2008

We're getting there...

Whoa! Okay, now please don't take offense if avocado is your thing, but this shower fixture has got to be retiled. The previous owners tastefully put hardwood floor throughout the house, but they cut a few corners in "updating this bathroom. They put in a new sink fixture and left the green shower and toilet. I guess it'll keep us humble, right? Oh, and the counter is some kind of a wallpapered/laminated formica material. Really bizarre...never seen anything like it.


Did I mention they took ALL of the bathroom mirrors with them. When we first went under contract, they mentioned a mirror that was an heirloom or antique or something like that which they would be taking with them. At least that was what I understood; you can imagine my surprise when we moved in and none of the bathrooms had mirrors. I thought you were supposed to replace items like that if you had an emotional attachment to the ones you owned? Anyway, it is costing a pretty penny to get mirrors in. So far, we only have them in the master bathroom. Sorry guests! We'll try to get one installed in your bathroom before you arrive!


Another of our close encounters with nature


This is my second house where a bird made its home on one of my porch's. In Texas we had a bird's nest on the fan of our back porch. We had to power wash

all the poop after the birds had evacuated...is this an omen or something?


Our front yard, and the crown jewel as far as the girls are concerned. We plan to put up a soccer goal here, and a trampoline on our side yard. The girls think it's so

cool that we have our own park!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

We blocked the birds from building a nest in our bathroom vent this year, but they did build one at the top of the arch in our front entry way! :) I don't think it's the same birds though.

Your yard is absolutely gorgeous! I can see why the girls love it! I would too! :) It looks like a park!

Lauren said...

Oh, and I can't believe they took all the mirrors! Crazy! Sorry about that!

JM Inc. said...

How did you block the birds? Next Spring I am definitely going to try and detract them...gently convince them there must be a better place to build their home (: