Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our new Home

Some folks have asked to see pics of the new house in Connecticut. I say "new", it is actually c. 1978 with some nice renovations that make it feel newer than that. It is new to us though, and we are really enjoying our new home. This is the girls play room; the previous owners used it as a family room, but we needed a place to play and this was perfect. It is just off the kitchen, but you have to walk up a small flight of stair to get to it, which means the mess isn't readily visible from the kithen. I quite like the set up.


Another view of the opposite side of the room. Why you ask did I fix this room up first? Because I can't get anything else done anywhere else in the house unless I have somewhere to send my darling daughters to play and watch movies while mommy is trying to make sense of the mayhem.
This is the laundry room...quite spacious I know. The cupboards were formerly in the kitchen and removed to this location when the previous owners renovated in the early nineties. It's a great space to get organized and I love that it has nice big windows overlooking the front yard where the girls play. Our front yard is actually much larger than the back, at least the grassy space is. The girls love to chase out there and become acquainted with nature. This is very new to them, having trees, and rocks, and animals. They love it and I love that we have been able to provide this new adventure for them!


The very small entryway. I didn't show in the picture, but it does have two separate coat closets on either side of the front door. That is a nice feature. I've discovered in my limited experience as a homeowner that you can never have too many closets in your house.


The downstairs half bath. It is actually large for a half bath and I think it is feasible to put a stand up shower in it someday. Again, we have another closet, how handy! I could either take this picture of the toilet or the sink; I thought the sink was a little more photogenic.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

The house looks great Mandy. I can't wait to see the rest! And the yard too. More pictures. I need more pictures. :)

JM Inc. said...

Brandi I'm taking pictures as I organize and clean rooms...it's my incentive to get it done faster. Why does it seem the really hard big stuff gets done quickly, but all the piles and pictures stay scattered everywhere for months?

Lori Ellsworth said...

What an awesome playroom! We loved the east coast. I hope you're having a great summer as you try to settle in!

Lauren said...

Mandy! It's beautiful! I just LOVE it! Everything about it! The girls' playroom sounds (and looks) perfect! I'm so glad you're getting settled in and enjoying your new, lovely home!

We miss you here though!