Monday, August 10, 2009

West Seattle with "Bepelle"



My best friend from high school married a high
school friend of ours and they still reside in the harbor.
It's always fun to catch up when we're in town and
see how each other's children have grown! Her husband
has recently started a new career in Seattle, which makes
for a VERY long commute from the Gig Harbor area. So
naturally, they are looking to relocate. She found her utopia
in West Seattle; so she decided to take me there and sell
me on the place!



Grandma graciously agreed to chaperone
the outing; without her, it would've been
all work and no fun...so a BIG thanks to Grandma
for being super fun and playing with us on
MANY occasions during our month-long
stay in the harbor! ( I should mention here
that she also brought me back to good health
from a near-death episode of mastitis...that's only
maybe a tiny bit dramatic. Seriously lousy...so
thankful I wasn't in CT alone!)



I'm envious of my carefree 5 year
old for a lot of reasons I won't mention
here. One of them I will mention is
the ease with which friendships are
forged and renewed after a long
separation.



The old school park in WS had this fabulous
zipline swing! Out of control; most modern
parks today would ban such an amusement
for the liabilities sake...





Check out the sweet air Grandma and Macy
got!



After a HOT (seems to me the temp. was in the 90's) morning
playing at the park, we spent a lazy afternoon cooling our
jets in the wade pool. Finished off a near perfect day
with a gorgeous return trip on the ferry!




And here are the stars of the day!
Bepelle is how her baby brother Rigby
pronounces Bethelle, her real name (:

2 comments:

Elke said...

I would just like to note that I am highly pregnant in that last pic...

OK, I feel better now.

Thanks for coming with us. We are more in love with West Seattle now than ever.

Tricia said...

Looks like fun travels for your family. And that baby is darling! Hello and love to all your way...