Saturday, August 8, 2009

Independence Day

I feel a tremendous sense of relief to be over my post layout mishaps...moving on now...Grandpa Johns holding the first male grandbaby. Guess that's one good thing about being the oldest on my side, I've had a lot of the firsts for the family!

Kennedy took an immediate liking to Uncle Sean and acted as if he'd never been gone serving a mission for two years! To my knowledge she's had two crushes in her life: uncle Brandon and uncle Sean. I hope that trend persists at least prior to the tween years. If she maintains this kind of taste in the opposite sex, I have no worries about the dating years.

See what I mean?
Totally enamored!

We all enjoyed ourselves at the 4th of July
pancake breakfast!

And unfortunately (sorry Jonny) this is the only pic
I got that evening before the fireworks show. Guess
you'll just have to believe me that we went to a great
venue with live music, terriyaki and pit bbq, corn on the cob,
kettle corn (yes there does appear to be a food theme here),
port-o-potties, teenage dance-offs, and of course, FIREWORKS!
I LOVE the U.S.A. A heartfelt thanks to my friends and family
who have or are currently serving the armed forces to protect
our FREEDOM. IN GOD WE TRUST!

No comments: