Sunday, July 20, 2008

Strong Museum of Play

For one of our day trips while in Palmyra, we decided to visit the Strong museum of play in Rochester, NY. This turned out to be a fabulous day of fun for all, and a great way to tire the kids (and parents) out so we wouldn't mind too much having to sit for a couple of hours on a picnic blanket waiting for the pageant to start later that evening.


Kennedy I enjoyed communicating with each other via the pipe system from the boat (her location) to the helicopter (my location).


It turns out our little introvert doesn't mind a little attention after all. She had a ball putting on a show for us at the little theatre.


Does this bring to mind Elvis for anyone else?


Neither Jonathan or myself were too interested in riding the carousel, so we took Macy and Kennedy into the museum's toy store to convince them getting a souvenir was far better than a ride that lasted only a moment and then was done. Kennedy bought our campaigning, but Macy was undaunted. She wanted to ride the carousel and pointedly turned down any of our feeble attempts to steer her otherwise. When we had first arrived at the museum we saw the carousel and had promised the girls a ride if they wanted one when we were done. So, a promise is a promise and it must be kept. I braved the carousel ride for my little fireball!

Macy making music


Climbing the rock wall. The real rock climbers can cross it horizontally!


Learning about words and letters...


A visit with the Berenstein Bears




Making crafts


More music


Kennedy was fascinated by the silly mirrors that distorted your image. She asked on four different occasions to return to the mirrors. It was her favorite part of the whole museum!


A girls dream. Getting to pick out anything you want in the grocery store with no one telling you to put it back.


Clifford the big red dog came to visit too! We had a great time playing with the girls. What a fun way to pass the day and learn to find joy in the simple pleasures of life again. It is so much fun having children and seeing the world through their eyes. I am so grateful for the joy Kennedy and Macy bring to their mommy and daddy. What a blessing they both are!


9 comments:

Tricia said...

Looks like such a fun camping trip! Can't wait to come to your neck of the woods to have some east coast fun with you!

Lindsay said...

hey! did you guys enjoy the pageant? my family was in in for 11 years while i was growing up. it was the greatest experience our family ever had. sounds like you guys had a fun trip!

JM Inc. said...

The pageant was fabulous...that's next on my posting list, I just didn't get to it yet. It was a very professional and spirit-filled portrayal of the book of mormon and the restoration. We all had a great time and are glad we didn't miss out on the opportunity!

Xela said...

That looks like fun! And I am happy to see another "determined" young lady out there. Sometimes I feel like I have the only one. :)

Rachael said...

Hey Mandy! Your blog is really cute! Reading the things about you on the side of your blog, sounds just like me - I'm glad we have similar interests. :) Hopefully we can get to know each other better through this blogging world! Your girls are very cute by the way! ~Rachael White

Melanie said...

wow, when do you guys sleep?? it looks like you are having a ton of fun and your girls are too cute for words. love the one of you and the girls sleeping. everyone looks so content! sure do miss you all.

A & C Hickson said...

Looks like your family is doing great! I just saw you are going to have a baby! How fun! Is it due in February sometime?

JM Inc. said...

Yes, 2-19-09 is the due date. I was wondering if anyone would notice that without a special post to announce it! I'm almost to the second trimester and can't wait for the sickness to pass!

Lauren said...

That looks like a blast! I love seeing all the pictures of your beautiful family!

I just HAD to post a comment...CONGRATULATIONS! I saw your baby countdown! I'm just so happy for y'all!