Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Kitchen

Yes, it is fair to assume that my kitchen has been in shambles up to this point...hence the reason it has taken so long to post these pics. There's really only one spot in the house you haven't seen now, and that's the master suite. For me, unfortunately, that is always the last room on my clean list. I know that's a bit backwards, but alas, that's the way it is around here.

It is a little smaller than our kitchen in Texas (actually quite a bit) but it makes good use of the space, so I don't feel too cramped. I just had a little extra motivation to sort through kitchen odds and ends and get rid of some stuff that was just sitting on the shelf. Remember all those useless kitchen gadgets you got for your wedding? Five years later I am purging my life of a few of those items. Some of them I may have even been guilty of purchasing myself before I really knew what I would use and what I would cook for my family.


I think the kitchen has a charm all its own. For the age of the home, we're just lucky it wasn't avocado formica (yikes!). The tiles are a pain to clean, and we are hoping to upgrade to granite sometime. I guess it all depends how long we actually anchor here in CT...





The built-in refrigerator is cute, but quirky. It has a language, I believe...I'm not sure what its saying yet, but I do believe it is speaking to me. The guy who did our home inspection said the appliances were all in remarkable condition for their age, but that he didn't warrant them against malfunction since they are all well past their predicted life span. Here's hoping they keep on keepin' on.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

your kitchen is lovely Mandy! I like it a lot. :)

Nancee (aka Nana) said...

I like the white cabinets and beadboard. (I'm having my new country kitchen painted with white and black.) And best of all, the beautiful view from your sink window!

Nancee (aka Nana) said...

Oops, that "Nancee" comment was me, Tricia...Mom's been on my computer, sorry! Anyway, I love your cute kitchen! :)

Xela said...

Your house is very nice! I love everything you have shown us! Especially the girls play room, ADORABLE! I am back from vacation so send that stuff whenver you like and also that boutique name is Chelsea Lane! :)