Sunday, July 20, 2008

Final days in Playa

One of the activities we chose for the trip was horsebackriding on the beach. While we didn't get to gallop into the sunset with my hair flapping wildly in the wind, we did enjoy a peaceful walk on the beach. I love horses! I have always had childhood fantasies of owning a horse and learning to be a confident rider. They are such beautiful creatures to me.


On the beach...


Okay, this is a lame picture...where is Jonathan? More importantly for this particular occasion, where is Sean! I'm not sure what happened here, but this was one of our last nights in Playa and we got to meet Sean (my brother serving a mission) and his companion for dinner. I can't remember what lame thing happened to prevent us from taking a picture of or with him. I know he and his comp both took pics of the evening. Anyway, despite my frustration over the camera situation, we had a great night visiting my brother (who looks as Mexican as any of the other locals) and hearing their missionary stories. He looked really good and we could tell he was working hard and thoroughly enjoying mission life. We're so proud of you Sean! While we were dining, two guys close to our age approached Sean and his comp and stuffed some money in their shirt pockets without saying a word. They disappeared before we could ask their names or thank them. How cool that was to see someone who appreciated the cause of the broke missionary! Jonathan and I hope to have the opportunity to pay it forward someday when we find missionaries in a far off land. After the evening was through, we accompanied them back to their pad to pick up some cast-offs from Sean and Riley (one of his good friends from Gig Harbor who was also called to the Merida, Mexico mission) that I was to take home with me. What a fabulous way to round out a really great trip!

No comments: