Sunday, July 20, 2008

Flashback to the Past: Playa del Carmen

This picture is random; but who needs an excuse for posting pics of your adorable children?
Macy is so full of personality, sometimes I am floored by her. She packs a whole lot in a little package!

Jonathan and I took an awards trip with Pfizer to Playa del Carmen in early May. We stayed at the Fairmont Mayacoba in Playa. It was fabulous, and such a nice aside to the chaos of moving. On our arrival, as we shuttled our belongings to our room, Jonathan was pooped on by a passing bird. You can see the poop here in this picture. Someone told us that meant good luck for him; I think they were just trying to help him make lemonade from some sour lemons! Anyway, it was hillarious, and didn't turn out to be any kind of a bad omen for the trip. We had a splendid time and can't wait to return!


I'm still a little chapped that Jonathan chose golfing with Chris over Xel- Ha with me, but I am glad they had a great time golfing on a world-class course that didn't cost us a thing! I can definitely get used to the "winning" lifestyle with Pfizer!


It was so relaxing to layout, nap, read, drink virgin drinks to our hearts content, and order poolside or beachside with nary a thought of the kids or the cost of all this luxury. A BIG THANKS to my parents who watched Kennedy and Macy like champs. It's so nice to have a little break, uninterupted by worries of the well-being of your children.

We had a great time with Chris Lowry and his wife Laura, and are so grateful for the time Jonathan had to work side by side with Chris in the Ft. Worth territory. These guys are really hillarious together! Laura and I had a great time watching our husbands and their antics.

1 comment:

Xela said...

Love Playa! I can't believe we only missed eachother by a few days!