Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hellooo, is anybody there??

Just a quick post to let everyone know we're still here. We have had a whirlwind of activity this past month, and as you may have noticed, I am expecting and have been feeling "down and out" as is usual for me for the first trimester. I'm giving myself leave of absence for a bit, but plan to be blogging again in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I'll divulge a quick update. Nana Cope and aunt Charen came to visit us for a week. We all enjoyed shopping (duh!), playing cards, and talking into the wee hours. Our visit to NYC was a disaster...more on that later. Shortly after they returned to SC, my grandma Johns ( the girls great-grandma) and my uncle Jeff visited us for a couple of days. I have also been feverishly working on our ward's primary program ( I just got called to this position a month or two ago), preparing games for young ones for an upcoming ward activity, substitute teaching for the entire YW's program, etc. I feel like my life has been unravelling before my eyes. Since the days of being sick started almost two months ago, my house has only been cleaned twice, for Nana and grandma Johns arrivals. I have excused myself from cooking and have avoided the grocery store at all costs, only making absolutely necessary trips, until week 14 of the pregnancy (when I usually recover general good health). In the midst of all of this, Jonathan has been hitting the books for the GMAT every night and weekend. So there you have it; all of my excuses for neglecting the blog...I'll be updating again in September and hope you'll check us out then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on baby #3!! That is so exciting! Sorry that you are feeling so sick though. Good thing it's all worth it in the end! :)

Emily Alexander said...

Congratulations Mandy! What a bummer to be so sick for so long. I hope the sickness ends soon.

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

congrats jon and mandy on #3! how exciting.. hope you are feeling better soon!!!