Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy 31st Daddy!

Jonathan turned 31 on April 6th. We shared the celebration of his special day with some good friends and good food. He helped a lot with the preparation of his own birthday meal because I had to have my 6 week postnatal visit so I could give him his long-awaited birthday present (:



The meal turned out sooo yummy, and we all especially liked the Texas sheet cake I made. Our friends asked us, "What's so Texas about it anyway? Is there an armadillo in that?" I'm not sure what makes a sheet cake Texas, but it sure ain't armadilla!






4 comments:

Elke said...

6 weeks? I can't believe it's been that long already. What a darling. I actually think he looks a little like my babies...

Also, you are a little more... revealing... than I would have thought. Congratulations.

Brandi said...

Hilarious post Mandy. I think the Cope open-ness is wearing off on you!

Love the Texas sheet cake comment too. We LOVE that stuff. :)

Shan B. said...

Congrats to your husband on reaching 31 & I hope he loved his birthday present!! Isn't it funny how 6 weeks is like a lifetime to men. Love the blog. I plan to put you on my blogroll. When you have time, go take a peek at mine....
beltram921.blogspot.com..♥ya

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday! Michael & I both turned 31 this year too!