Sunday, April 12, 2009

The many faces of Max...and a visit from Nana

WARNING!!! If indulgent mothers who shamelessly post pic after pic of their beautiful baby turns you off, you might want to tune out for the next LONG while!

I am truly amazed at how much Max has changed, and continues to change daily. I really wish the infant phase was a little longer and life was a lot less busy. I have made a conscious decision to let the house, laundry, and chores in general go neglected for six long weeks. It was wonderful, but the aftermath isn't so pretty. Nonetheless, I have no regrets, and I'm in no hurry to regain control. I'm going to do it methodically, and steadily, but not at a breakneck pace. I'm so glad that I have had this time...it's priceless and it's never coming back, so to have seized it when I had it was sooo worth the piles of dishes, mountains of laundry, and unswept floors.



The girls adore Mr. Max...what's not to love? Neither blowouts, nor crying bouts, can take us away from our guy!


Nana in town meant lots of fun for everyone! There was monster hair (see above), perler beads for endless hours, new books, and of course trips to Target to pick out "a little something" as Nana would say...



Max's first smiles during periods of wakefulness appeared while Nana was in town...I guess that was at around 3 weeks of age. He's off to an exceptionally brilliant start!



He makes all sorts of funny contortions with his face...and I think they're all adorable. Remember my disclaimer about the indulgent mom?? Right...


Even when he's throwing a fit I find him absolutely irresistible. His pout is to die for!
Max is showing his personality more and more...he is a cuddler and a lover. He enjoys studying faces (here he is discovering Nana for the first time) very much and loves big kisses right on the lips! We love you Max!

4 comments:

Ashley C said...

Congrats on little Max. He's adorable!
Yep, Nate got hired back with Pfizer about 2 weeks ago. So he basically got a 2 month paid vacation. :) Just kidding. It was pretty stressful being unemployed, so it definitely didn't feel like a vacation. But we really can't complain about Pfizer. They definitely take care of their employees- even when they lay them off.

Brandi said...

He is adorable! All of his faces. I'm the same way with my babies! Just love them to pieces even when they are screaming. HAHA Bring on the pictures. I love them all!

Rachael said...

He is darling! You must be having so much fun!

Lauren said...

Oh Mandy! I am just so happy for you and Jonathan. Max is absolutely adorable! I love seeing the pictures of him (and the girls...my, have they grown!). We sure miss y'all!